The Centre for Doctoral Studies at King’s College London is offering fully funded studentships to support international students to do full-time doctoral research degrees on various course is now open for application into the academic session 2021/2022.
King’s College London is ranked seventh in the UK , Are also ranked ninth in Europe according to the criteria of The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021. King’s is ranked joint 31st in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2021, comparing the top 800 global higher education institutions.
The king’s college London has well suited accommodation for all student making it easy to access campus and its comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King’s teaching campuses. With four campuses by the River Thames and one in south London, King’s is right in the heart of the capital.
Careers & Employability At King’s College London
They have set up dedicated Careers & Employability Team that are always there to help whether you are discovering your career options, focusing your ideas or taking action on your career plan. They provide an outstanding range of support to explore your career ideas and develop your employability through online careers modules, employer events, skills programmes, careers fairs and an exclusive jobs portal.
As a King’s student, you have exclusive access to an unparalleled range of activities to enjoy around your studies and enrich your experience. These extracurricular activities are a great way to meet new people, develop skills, gain experience and make a difference.
• Duration: Studentships are funded for up to 4 years
• Number of available studentships: nine (9)
• Awards are for 01 June 2022 start ONLY
The fully funded studentships offers the below listed course to support international students to do full-time doctoral research degrees within the following academic Faculties:
• Life Sciences & Medicine
• Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
• Natural & Mathematical Sciences
• Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
• Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences
The Scholarship covers:
• Full international tuition fees
• An annual stipend (UKRI-level): £17,609 (for 2021/22)
• Research costs: up to £5000 per annum, depending on the project.
• Be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate.
• Apply for a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London within one of the following Faculties by no later than 01 October 2021:
• Plan to start the MPhil/PhD at King’s in June 2022.
• Apply to King’s College London for the studentship (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below) by 01 October 2021.
• Secure an admission offer on an eligible MPhil/PhD degree programme by 31 January 2022.
• Students who have already commenced their doctoral degree at King’s are not eligible.
• Distance learning programmes are not eligible.
• Professional doctorate degrees (such as the MD(Res) and DClinPsy) are not eligible.
• Joint PhD programmes are not eligible.
• These studentships cannot commence prior to, or after, June 2022.
• If you have already submitted an application via King’s Apply for an MPhil/PhD degree that meets the eligibility criteria, you do not have to reapply, but please ensure that your start date is updated to June 2022 and follow steps 3 and 4.
• If you submitted your admissions application before including the funding code or studentship form, simply log back into King’s Apply to update the ‘Funding’ section of your application. If you experience any problems with this, please contact the admissions office via the messaging section of your application for assistance.
• Students who fail to input the funding code and upload a completed studentship form, exactly as instructed in step 3, will not be picked up when we extract details from King’s Apply, so it is vital that you follow the instructions correctly!
Important notable dates
June 17th 2021 – Admissions applications open for June 2022 entry
October 1st 2021– Deadline to submit admission application via kings Apply. And Deadline to add the specified funding code AND submit a completed ‘PGR International Studentships 2021-22 Form’ to your admissions application via King’s Apply.
January 31st 2022– Deadline to secure an admission offer and Deadline for faculty shortlist/decisions.
March 1st 2022- Announcement of decisions.
Information and documentation provided via the online admissions application will be used to determine applicant eligibility as well as to consider the strength of an application and suitability for the studentship scheme.
Eligible applicants who have applied correctly for the studentship by 01 October 2021 will be considered by their faculty.
Ineligible candidates will not be reviewed and those who do not already hold an admission offer may have their admissions application returned as unsuccessful via King’s Apply.
By 31 January 2022 (23:59 GMT), faculties must shortlist and rank a limited number of their top candidates for further consideration by a central panel. Those that are shortlisted must have secured an admission offer by this point.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
• Academic excellence of the candidate
• Research proposal
• Statement of Justification
The central assessment panel will determine the successful candidates of the studentships. Decisions will be announced via email by 1st March 2022
Details about the studentship
University: King’s College London
Degree level: MPhil/PhD
Study Mode: Postgraduate Research
Duration: Studentships are funded for up to 4 years
Funded: Fully Funded by the Centre for Doctoral Studies at King’s College London.
Academic year: 2021-2022
Subject area: programmes that fall in any of the following faculties: Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine; Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience; Faculty of Natural & Mathematical Sciences; Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care; Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences.
Financial coverage: Tuition fee. Stipend. Bench Fees / Research Training & Support Grant.
Application closing date: The announced official closing date for the PGR international studentships scholarship award at the Kings College London is 01 October 2021.
Apply Now: Click Here to Apply