Offering 700 undergraduate programs in the different faculties the university of Toronto has open windows and opportunities for international students to come study under their scholarship program . This scholarship program is for undergraduate for the spring fall of 2022.
About the school
Located in and around Toronto, one of the world’s most diverse regions, U of T’s vibrant academic life is defined by a unique degree of cultural diversity in its learning community. Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is Canada’s largest university, recognized as a global leader in research and teaching. U of T’s distinguished faculty, institutional record of ground breaking scholarship and wealth of innovative academic opportunities continually attract outstanding students and academics from around the world. Few other universities offer as great a diversity of programs and resources. Pearson Scholars are students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, who are accepted as leaders within their school, and who have the potential to contribute to the global community in the future. They can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results by virtue of their breadth of interest, intellectual energy and impact on the life of their school and community.
About the scholarship
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. The U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars
Areas of study
• American & African studies
• Statistics & Mathematics
• Animal physiology
• Management and business
• Computer science
• These and many others.
The scholarship covers all expenses from tuition fee to allowance, books to living expenses and several other study related fee.
• Country: Canada
• University : University of Toronto
• Funded: Fully funded
• Degree: Bachelor’s / Graduate program
• Application closing date: November 30th, 2021
Students are recommended to apply before 7th November as programs fill up quickly .
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
• an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
• currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
• beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
• School nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
• Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2021 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2021 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
• Student scholarship application deadline: January 17, 2022
How to apply
Applicants should ensure that they receive a nomination letter then proceed to filling the application online, it’s on this note that applicants are advised to ensure that all these be done before the closing date which is 30th November,2021 bearing in mind that earlier recommendations was to fill and submit application before 7th November 2021.