Total views: 321
Application Deadlines: October 15, 2021
MIPLC is a part of the DAAD’s scholarship program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses”. If you would like to apply for the scholarship offered in this context, please note that several special conditions apply.
What is Covered by the Scholarship?
Scholarship recipients will get
- A full MIPLC fee waiver
- A monthly stipend of EUR 850
- Payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany
- A travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source
- A study and research allowance
- A mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC LL.M. program (August and September, in Munich or another German city).
Since the DAAD scholarship includes a full fee waiver,
you must apply simultaneously for MIPLC financial
assistance (cf. section 2a).
Please also refer to the brochure for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” for more information.
Where MIPLC and DAAD requirements differ, the
stricter one applies. You are eligible for the DAAD
scholarship if you meet the following requirements in
addition to the MIPLC admission criteria (cf. section 1):
- You are from a developing country (according to the OECD DAC list) and have not been living outside your home country (or another developing country) for more than the past two years.
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- You received your latest degree no more than six years before your application.
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country. To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if you have completed the two years by February of the year in which you intend to start your studies at MIPLC. Scientific university staff and academics are not the core target group of this program and are therefore considered only in exceptional cases.
Special Application Deadlines
You have to apply more than a year in advance, i.e. between June 1 and October 15 for the following academic year.
Application and Selection Procedure
Applying for the DAAD Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the seven steps below.
Step 1: Download and Read the DAAD Program Brochure
Step 2: Check Your Eligibility
Determine whether you are eligible for the scholarship by DAAD and MIPLC standards, keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD requirements differ, the stricter requirement prevails.
Step 3: Apply for Admission to the MIPLC
Please refer to the instructions in section 4.1.
Step 4: Apply for MIPLC Financial Assistance
Please refer to the instructions in section 4.2.
Step 5: Complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form
For details please refer to the Application Instructions, section 4.3.
Step 6: Make Sure Your File is Complete
You complete file includes
- The MIPLC application form for admission
- The MIPLC application form for financial assistance
- The DAAD application form for the scholarship
- The documents required by each form.
Please use the checklist to make sure your application is complete.
Please also note that the DAAD is very strict, in particular regarding the requirement that letters of recommendation and proof of your professional experience be printed on official stationery, stamped and signed.
Step 7: Submit Your Application
Please upload all documents to Cryptshare as explained in the Application Instructions (page 11).
Please refer to the Application Instructions for detailed information.
*****Note****( Read the above documents completely to understand all you need to do, do not skip lines)
Complete applications will be evaluated for admission on a rolling basis. From all admitted applicants, we will put together a shortlist of candidates, who will be invited for a video conference interview taking place in January or February. Based on these interviews, the MIPLC will pre-select the scholars and the DAAD will take the final decision in early March.
Source: check out the official website HERE.
Leave a Reply