Total views: 1,738
Application for 2022/2023 will open February 2022
Hello Upnexters, we are bringing this scholarship info early to enable you prepare your documents as application for 2021 is closed (May 2021) and next application will open February 2022.
At ScottishPower, our scholarship programmes aim to help train a new generation of professionals capable of driving the transformation towards a sustainable energy model and who have a desire to develop their career in the power industry. This is why ScottishPower presents its Scholarships for Masters Studies in the UK programme to support the education of young people and providing them with experience that will give them access to employment in our industry.
ScottishPower will provide scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year for postgraduate studies at universities in the United Kingdom in the following areas of knowledge:
- Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Naval Engineering
- Renewable/Sustainable Energy
- Onshore/Offshore Renewable Engineering
- Environmental Sciences /Climate Change
- Computer Science & IT/Software Engineering/Telecoms
- International Strategic Marketing/Digital Marketing
ScottishPower are looking to sponsor highly motivated students who have a desire to work in the power industry and:
- Must be in possession of, or expect to receive, a Bachelor with Honours at a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) or Master’s degree from a recognised university on submission of the application.
- Applicants must follow the usual procedure for enrolling at the UK University they wish to attend.
- Applications submitted by students who have not applied for enrolment at the UK University will be rejected during the selection process.
- Applicants may not receive any remuneration or wages or be in receipt of any scholarship, financial aid or other award of a similar nature from institutions and public or private foundations during the period that the scholarship is awarded for.
- Applications presented by candidates with a grade average during the pursuit of the degree lower than “upper second class honours” for universities in the UK will be rejected.
- Candidates who have previously been awarded a ScottishPower or its Foundation scholarship are excluded from assessment.
ScottishPower has been building relationships with universities in our communities for a number of years. Working together, we aim to support development of future talent while mitigating the projected skills gap within the energy sector. With this programme we reaffirm our established links with the following universities:
- University of Edinburgh
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Liverpool
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Bangor University
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College of London
In addition, we will accept applications for scholarships from any UK university providing that the course objectives match our specified knowledge areas.
- Payment of enrolment costs at the university
- A monthly payment of £1,200 per month
- Company mentor
- Assistance with identifying an industry related project to assist with their academic studies
- Exciting career prospects
In return for the scholarship, ScottishPower are looking for each scholar to:
- Promote career opportunities available within the company
- Act as a STEM ambassador for the industry
- Introduce future scholarship applicants to the scheme
- Support any recruitment activities agreed on campus/virtually
Application period for 2021/2022
Our application window for our 2021/22 Master Scholar programme is now closed. The 2022/2023 application period will open in February 2022.
Click the link below to visit official website