Total views: 676
Deadline: 1st December 2021Opening: 1st September 2021
International students are welcome to apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarships for the batch of 2022-2023. Every year Gates Cambridge offers 80 full-cost covering grants to exceptional candidates from nations outside the UK to seek after a full-time postgraduate certification in any subject accessible at the University of Cambridge. Around 66% of these honors will be offered to MSc/Ph.D. students, with around 25 honors accessible in the US round and 55 accessible in the International round.
There are no less than 225 Scholars from 50 nations concentrating in Cambridge at any one time who seek after the full scope of subjects accessible at the college and are spread across its specializations and Colleges.
The Gates Cambridge mission is to construct a worldwide organization of future pioneers focused on working on the existences of others. It intends to accomplish this mission by choosing exceptional researchers, giving them monetary and non-monetary help at one of the world’s driving colleges, and working with local area working at and past Cambridge.
Benefits of Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- The University academic Fees .
- A monthly maintenance allowance (£17,848 for 12 months at the 2021-22) – for Ph.D. scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- One economy air ticket at beginning and end of course
- visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
The Gates Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children (2021-22 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- The citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: Ph.D., MSc/MLitt One year postgraduate course
- If you are currently studying at Cambridge and wish to apply for a new postgraduate course you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Courses NOT eligible:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
Documents Required for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
You must submit these supporting documents with your application:
- Copies of the undergraduate or graduate certificates
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year
- Statement of intention
- CV for application
- Recommendation letters should be by at least two professors from the previous institute.
- Copies of all transcripts
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Letter of Motivation explaining the motive to apply for the Gate Cambridge scholarships
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Study plan
Application Procedure for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
Applicants present their Gates Cambridge Scholarship application for confirmation and financing (Gates Cambridge and other subsidizing) through the University’s Graduate Application Portal (Link given toward the finish of the article).
- To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you should finish the segment to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge some portion of the financing area. Entryways Cambridge approaches the full application for confirmation and subsidizing while checking on applications.
- The affirmation segment: In this part, you are applying to a particular alumni course and a College place. You will give the entirety of the typical insights concerning yourself, your scholastic foundation, plans, and reasonableness for the proposed course.
- Statement: In the application structure they ask:
In close to 3000 characters (roughly 500 words) if it’s not too much trouble, clarify why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four primary criteria.
- Gates Cambridge reference: notwithstanding two scholastic references for confirmation, Gates Cambridge candidates present a reference about their fit with the grant. In the application structure they ask:
Please give your appraisal of the candidate’s reasonableness for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. These are granted on the accompanying measures: scholarly capacity, defense for the decision, obviously, a promise to working on the existences of others, and initiative capacity.
Opening and Closing Dates for the Application of Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
Two selection rounds each year. Applications for Gate Cambridge Scholarships opens every year in September. The deadline for Gate Cambridge Scholarships is in December. Applications for citizens of the US closes in October.