Scholarship Application Requirement: English Proficiency test (Duolingo)
This article will not only get you acquainted with the test, it will show you why you need to take your Duolingo English Test for your scholarship application. Everything you need to know is here. Just read through.
Duolingo English Test is the current known English Language Proficiency Test. Compared to IELTS, it is quicker and simpler. As you will soon discover, if not already, it is approved by millions of universities globally.
The interesting part? Unlike IELTS, you do not need to visit a test center. You can deliver your results to institutions for free. And the Duolingo English Test can be taken online anytime and anywhere you want.
The test lasts for an hour and your result will be available in 2 days. Wow!
You may ask, why don’t even need to take this test? Let me tell you, it is reasonably cheaper than IELTS. The test costs only $49, while most course tests cost over $200.
It is affordable and just convenient for you. No wonder many countries like the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe, etc., ratified it as Language Proof. As you discover more details about the Duolingo Test, I hope it convinces you to try it.
Follow me for more information on why you need to take your Duolingo English Test.
What if the Test is Difficult?
Are you among those who are afraid if the test is difficult? Then, worry no more. You just need to have good English language skills to answer the questions within the time provided. Duolingo English test is shorter but it is also as tough as IELTS.
When will the Test Score expire?
The Duolingo test score is valid until 2 years from when you take it.
Institutions Where Duolingo is Recognized
You will get the list of the institutions where the test is submitted when you search the University in this link by name, level, and country.
Comparison Duolingo vs IELTS)
Understand how Duolingo English Test scores relate to the TOEFL and IELTS.
|Duolingo Points 160||IELTS Points 8.5-9|
Score Comparison (Duolingo vs. TOEFL)
|Duolingo Points |
|IELTS Points |
8.5 – 9
How Can I Take The Test?
- Take about 5 minutes to quickly set up an introduction that will put you through the test rules and requirements.
- Then comes the series of several questions that assess your English skills. It will last for about 45 minutes.
- For the Writing and speaking sample, you will see open-ended prompts shared with institutions alongside your score (10 minutes)
What are the Requirements?
To be able to take the test, you must have the following:
- Your passport, driver’s license, or government ID
- A quiet room with lighting
- 60 minutes of free time
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer must have the following features; Windows or Mac OS, a front-facing camera, a microphone, and speakers.
Can I practice for free
You can take a free test and certify your English proficiency.