Total views: 28,358
Good news! Applications for the Gates Cambridge scholarship 2024/2025 will open in September 2023. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds this scholarship.
The GCS is a fully funded scholarship for students from the United States and International students to acquire Masters and Ph.D. Degree at the Cambridge University in the United Kingdom.
All applicants outside the UK are suited for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarship. When applying, you must apply for the course at Cambridge University and select “Gates Cambridge Scholarship” in the scholarship portal.
Annually, the Foundation awards about 80 full scholarships without IELTS in any subject at Cambridge University that covers flight tickets, accommodation, tuition fee, Visa, Health insurance, etc.
To a UK university, this is the largest single donation. You should take advantage of this and apply. For the Gates Masters Scholarship, the maximum duration will be for 2 Years, whereas for Gates Ph.D. Scholarship up to 4 Years.
For further details about the fully funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024/25, see below.
The fully funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023/24 for International students will cover the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional and optional allowance. Here are the following expenses covered:
• University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
• A maintenance allowance for a single student
• One economy round airfare ticket at the beginning and end of the course.
• Inbound Visa costs & the fee of the Immigration Health Surcharge
• Academic Development Funding is between £500 to £2,000, depending on the length of your course, and also to attend conferences and courses.
• Family Allowance: Up to £10,120 for a first child and £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). Note that no funding is given to a partner.
• Fieldwork: This is part of your Ph.D., but you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance. Note that the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as the University Composition Fee should fund these.
• Maternity/Paternity Funding: Should you need it, you may apply to discontinue your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
• Hardship Funding: This is specifically for unexpected problems.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE GATES SCHOLARSHIP?
• A Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
~ Postgraduate Course (Master)
• Scholarship aspirants must show evidence of academic excellence (through their transcripts, references, and experience);
• They should be able to give strong reasons why they choose a specific postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Online Application
• Gates Cambridge Statement
• Research proposal (Ph.D. applicants only)
• Gates Cambridge reference
The last date to apply for the fully funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship for 2023/24:
• For USA Applicants residing in the USA is 12th October 2023
• For other International applicants, the deadline depends on the Course they chose. Most deadlines are either 2nd December 2023 or 5th January 2024.
The first thing to do is apply for the Course/admission at Cambridge University via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
To apply, you can browse all courses (HERE)