Total views: 84,354
One profession always in demand when it comes to relocation is that of Caregivers. It is one of the popular professions required in Canada. That’s why we have Canada Caregiver Visa Process 2023.
Do you know that families in Canada can hire foreign caregivers for children, adults, and senior persons with medical needs on a Temporary Foreign Worker Program? It’s true. The employer will take care of the processing fee, transportation costs, and suitable accommodation.
According to Immigration annually, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), roughly 100,000 people go on a temporary foreign worker program to Canada. This includes all fields such as health, agriculture, construction, etc.
The good news is that Caregivers can apply for Permanent residency after living and working in Canada for 2 years. Let’s see more about the Canada Caregiver Visa Process 2023.
Details About Canada Caregiver Visa Process 2023
- Country: Canada
- Job Type: Caregivers
- Program Name: Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Benefits: Transportation Tickets, Housing, Processing Fee, PR after 2 years.
Temporary Foreign Worker Program
The Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary jobs when qualified Canadians are not available.
Types of Caregiver Jobs in demand
Families can employ a Foreign caregiver in a private residence, for children, seniors, or persons with certified medical needs, when they, Canadians and permanent residents are not available.
- Provide care on a full-time basis (minimum 30 hours per week) or
- Work in a private household where care is being provided
Type of Jobs Eligible for Caregiver Position Under a (Temporary Foreign Worker Program)
Caregivers for children especially under 18 years of age
The Job description includes:
- Child care provider, live-in caregiver, nanny (NOC 44100) (This is the occupation code to find Job)
Caregivers for People with High Medical Needs
- Elderly persons, 65 years of age or over
- People with disabilities, a chronic or terminal illness
The Job description includes:
- Registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 31301)
- Licensed practical nurse (NOC 32101)
- Attendant for persons with disabilities, home support worker, live-in caregiver, personal care attendant (NOC 44101)
Employers can offer a Contract of a maximum of 3 years or a minimum of 2 years. Caregivers may be eligible to apply for Permanent residency after 2 years of living in Canada.
Benefits by the Canadian Employer
All of these benefits should be paid by the employer as the program requirements of the Caregivers.
- The employer must pay the $1,000 as a processing Fee for each application.
- The employer must pay the Transportation Cost which must include Transportation from the caregiver’s country of current residence to the work location in Canada.
- Housing arrangements can be discussed between employers or an employee to provide accommodation within the house or outside the house.
- Foreign caregiver isn’t charged room and board for the accommodations, as per the policy, under the TFWP.
Caregiver Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada 2023
See the list of Jobs that are for Foreign workers and international candidates can apply:
- Nanny and Childcare Visa Sponsorship Jobs: Nanny Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada 2023
- Child care provider, live-in caregiver, nanny (NOC 44100) Jobs: See Here
- Registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 31301) Jobs: See Here
- Licensed practical nurse (NOC 32101) Jobs: Visit Here
- Attendant for persons with disabilities, home support worker, live-in caregiver, personal care attendant (NOC 44101) Jobs: Visit Here.
- Work permit application fee: CAD 150
- Biometrics fee: CAD 85 (if required)
Processing Time for Canada Work Visa
The Processing time varies by the program and by country. You can check the processing time on the official website.
How to Apply
- Step 1: You need to Find an Employer/Job for Sponsorship. (I have given the links above)
- Step 2: Your employer will Sponsor your Visa, and will help in processing your application.
- Step 3: Once your work permit has been approved, you will apply for the Canadian Visa online.
- Step 4: You will apply online for the Visa from the IRCC Website.
Summary: Caregivers are in high demand in Canada because there is a shortage of Canadian citizens and permanent residents who are willing to work as caregivers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Caregiver Visa in Canada?
Yes. Foreign workers from outside Canada can only apply for the Caregiver position under a Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
- How can I go to Canada as a caregiver?
As a Foreigner, you can go to Canada as a caregiver under a Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
- Do caregivers need IELTS in Canada?
Yes you must have to pass the General IELTS Test.