How to Get Work Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Japan 2023

Share post


To acquire the Japan work Visa is a rather simple process. You will need a Job offer from a Japanese employer first. And there are many Japanese Jobs with Visa Sponsorship available in many of their fields. This post will show you how to get Work Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Japan 2023..

The country, Japan needs foreign workers because the majority of the population is aged. They plan to admit about 500,000 foreign workers by 2025. And the Visa will originally be issued for 5 years. See more details below.

Details About Japan Work Visa Process 2023

  • Job Country: Japan
  • Visa Type: Work Visa
  • Who can Apply: Anyone from any country
  • Visa Sponsorship Jobs: Yes
  • Passport Ranking: 2nd Powerful, 190 Visa-Free Destinations

Prevalent Professions

  • English teacher
  • Military personnel
  • Engineer
  • Service staff
  • IT Professional
  • Translator
  • Banker
  • School Teacher
  • English Speaking
  • Mechanics
  • Electrical Work


The most in-demand jobs in Japan are English teaching, and IT Jobs. Employers in these fields offer Work Visa Sponsorships, accommodation, and high salaries to their employees.

Types of Japanese Work Visas

Amongst the many other Visas, there are two types of Japanese work visas that are further divided into categories. They are:

1) Highly Skilled Professional Visa:

  • Highly skilled professional: This visa allows highly skilled professionals for 5 years to stay in Japan to work on advanced academic research activities, advanced specialized or technical activities.
  • Special Highly Skilled Professional: This Visa requires a Bachelors or a Masters’s degree and if you have any experience in your field, you can apply for the Highly skilled Visa.
  • Highly skilled foreign professional: This Work visa is also for one with advanced skills and experience to work in Japan.
RELATED POST:  Impressive Scholarship Essay Format and Examples

2) Japan Working visa

This is an ordinary work visa in Japan that has been issued to many foreign workers. This Visa does not require any work experience. On this Visa, you can stay for 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years.

Professions that are Qualified for Japan Working Visa

The following professions have been offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Occupations that are eligible for Japanese Working Visas:

  • Professor
  • Artists
  • Religious activities
  • Journalist
  • Business Manager
  • Legal/Accounting services
  • Medical services
  • Researcher
  • Instructor
  • Engineer/Specialist in humanities/International services
  • Intra-company transferee
  • Nursing care
  • Entertainers
  • Skilled labor
  • Specified skilled worker
  • Technical intern training

Stay Duration

All Visas are issued for a period of 1, 3, and 5 years

Processing Time

You will get the response to Your Visa application within 5-6 working days.

Visa Cost

Usually the Single Entry Visa Cost around 3000 Japanese Yen. While Multiple Entry Visa for Japan cost around 6000 Yen. You only have to pay the fee if the application of approved.

Requirements for Japanese Work Visa

  • You must have a job offer from a Japanese company, or employer
  • You must have a valid passport
  • You must fill out and submit the Visa application form
  • You must submit your photograph (not older than six months)
  • You must get a Certificate of Eligibility from the Japanese Employer.

Required Documents

  • Passport
  • One visa application form
  • One photograph
  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • Job offer Letter with all details.
  • Educational Documents (Submit it to your employer to get COE)
RELATED POST:  Fully Funded University of Milan DSU Scholarship in Italy 2023

Other documents may be necessary in addition to the above, that is depending on the nationality of the applicant. For other details, please refer to the website of a Japanese embassy or consulate-general in your area.

What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

It is necessary that every foreign worker gets a Certificate of Eligibility from the Immigration Services in Japan. Since Japan has its own System called COE (Certificate of Eligibility). And this should be done once you get a Job offer from a Japanese employer.

Also, you will need to submit your documents to the employer. He is the one who is in charge of handling the COE application on your behalf. It is his duty to get it for you.

Visa Sponsorships Jobs in Japan for Foreign Applicants

In Japan, there are a lot of Visa Sponsorship Jobs from employers, recruitment agencies, or even directly from the company.

Attached below are well-known websites to find Jobs in Japan. As soon as you open these websites, ensure to click on the “Overseas Applicants“, or “Visa Offered” or simply type “Visa Sponsorship” in the search bar.

Step-by-step application process to apply for Japanese Work Visa.

This includes getting a Certificate of Eligibility, applying for a Japanese Work Visa at the their embassy in your country. You can find a list of the Japanese Embassies, Consulates, and Permanent Missions here.

Helpful Links for Japan Work Visa

MOFA Website:

Japan Immigration Website: (

Share post


  1. Dear Sir,

    This is my polite request to you that I am in dire need of a furland job in your country because I am very worried about my children’s future. I want give education and good training. You know that time is passing very fast if you help me my children can have a good future.
    There are four children in my family, three girls, one boy and one wife.
    The only reason for requesting you is that I belong to a very poor family, due to this poverty I neither have high education nor much money, but I am thankful to Allah that I am completely physically fit. Fit and can do all kinds of work.
    I don’t know whether it is useful for me to request you like this or not, but I am very forced and needy.
    Finally, thank you for reading my request.

    kind regards!
    Shabih Raza

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.