Total views: 14,170
Do you plan to relocate to Portugal for a Job? Here in this article are requirements for Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023 for interested applicants who want to go to Portugal to work.
The Portuguese Government has announced Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023. Also, you do not need to have a Job offer from Portugal to get this Visa. And you can visit Portugal and look for employment or Job opportunities.
The Portuguese Job Seeker Visa allows applicants to stay for a period of 120 days. After then, a Job seeker visa can be renewable for another 60 days and lets only one entry into Portugal.
To Apply for the Portugal Job seeker Visa you must need to fulfill the general eligibility requirements and submit documents at the Portuguese embassy. See the requirements for Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023 below.
Details About Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023
- Job Country: Portugal
- Visa Type: Job Seeker Visa
- Who can Apply: Anyone
- Validity: 120 Days and then renewable for 60 days.
Advantages of Portugal Job Seeker Visa
- You can enter Portugal without a Job offer
- You do need to have to apply for a Job first.
- You can apply for this visa from your home country.
- You will be able to explore the Portuguese Job market.
- The Cost of a Visa is low.
Disadvantages of Portuguese Job Seeker Visa
- You need to leave Portugal after 120 days if you are not able to find a Job there.
- You need to book a return ticket as proof that you will come back if you are not able to find a Job
- You need to Pay for the Visa Fee
- You need to cover other expenses as well.
Cost of Portugal Job Seeker Visa
The application fee for a Portuguese Job seeker Visa is €75.
Do You need a Job offer for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa?
You do not need a Job offer to apply for a Portugal Job seeker Visa. This visa is a temporary visa that allows you to enter Portugal and search for a Job within 120 Days. If you are able to find a job during this time, you can then apply for a residence permit.
Required documents for Job Seeker Visa
You must submit the following necessary documents at the Portuguese embassy along with the application fee.
- National Visa application filled and duly signed by the applicant
- A passport that is valid for 3 months at least.
- 2 Photos, even, passport-type, recent and in good condition
- Request for criminal record inquiry by the Immigration and Border Services (SEF) (Not applicable to minors under the age of sixteen)
- Criminal record certificate, issued by the applicant’s nationality or of the country.
- Valid travel insurance, covering necessary medical expenses.
- Copy of return ticket
- Proof of financial resources equivalent to at least the sum of three guaranteed monthly minimum salaries.
How to Get These Documents
- National Visa Application: The National Visa application is available on the Portuguese Official website.
- Passport: if you don’t have a Passport, or you can make a new one.
- Request for the criminal record: You can get this from the Portuguese Official website as well.
- Criminal record certificate: You can get this from your country (Clearance Certificate).
- Travel Insurance: You can get this from any travel agent, tell him to make medical, and travel insurance for Portugal.
To Apply for this Visa an applicant must:
- Be a non-EU national.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Have a sufficient amount so that you can support yourself in Portugal during Job seeking.
- Have health insurance that covers you for the duration of your stay in Portugal.
How to Apply
Meet all of these requirements, and you can apply for a Portugal job seeker visa at the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country.
You can also Visit the Portuguese Embassy website of your home country and gather all the information. You can also email or call the Portuguese embassy and ask them about the Portugal Job seeker Visa process.
Steps to locate a Portuguese Embassy
Locate the Portuguese embassy, consulate, or visa application facility that is most convenient for you, using the VFS Global website.
- Here on VFS Global website Select your country, and the destination country, in this case, the destination country will be “Portugal”
- Then it will open a Page from there and select the Type of Visa. In this case, you need to select “Job Seeker”
- It will open a page where you will find all the information, requirements, required documents, and forms concerning the Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023.
The Official Website for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023 is HERE.