Total views: 45,703
Recently, the German Cabinet enacted a draft bill to alleviate the citizenship rule. Hence, the new Law to grant citizenship to Foreigners in Germany 2023.
This law is to help foreigners who have been working and living in Germany for the last five years. Under this New rule, citizenship will be given in five years now instead of eight years. According to the German Ministry, there are 12 million foreign nationals currently in Germany.
The new law also states that Citizenship is achievable after three years for those who have achieved outstanding performance at work or do voluntary work, speak German well, and are financially independent.
Also, all children who are born to foreign parents will receive a German Citizenship unconditionally. All who are interested in working in Germany can apply for a German visa. See more details below.
Points to note concerning the New German Law to Grant Citizenship to Foreigners 2023
- The Ministry said that 12 million foreign nationals are presently in Germany, among which 5.2 million have been living for the last five years.
- Citizenship by naturalization will be granted after five years of residing in Germany instead of eight years.
- Naturalization after three years will be possible for those who have achieved outstanding performance at work or do voluntary work, speak German well, and are financially independent.
- All children born to Foreign parents will be granted Citizenship if one of their parents has been living in Germany for more than five years.
- Once the law starts functioning, millions of them will gain the right to become German nationals.
What is Naturalization?
Naturalization is the process by which a foreign national becomes a citizen of a country.
If you do not have a Job offer from Germany, don’t fret! You can apply for Germany Job Seeker Visa with no Job offer necessary.
The Germany Job Seeker Visa 2023 is a Temporary work visa that allows you to come to Germany without having a Job offer. This Visa will help you find employment opportunities. It is a Long-term Visa commonly issued for Six Months. It does not require a German Language Proficiency. See more details Here.
Apply for Germany Opportunity Card – No Job offer Required
The Germany Opportunity Card 2023 is a New law passed by the German Parliament. This is a New Temporary work visa that allows you to come to Germany without having a Job offer. This Visa will help you to find employment opportunities.
The Opportunity card is slightly different from the German job seeker Visa. Opportunity Card is a Point-based system. It is a Long-term Visa generally issued for 1 Year Months. It requires a basic German Language Proficiency. You can do a part-time Job in Germany for one year period. It is also known as the “Green Card”.
For other Work Visas for Germany, see an updated post on German work Visa Requirements and their Types.
Conclusion: Relocation to Germany is now becoming effortless. Foreigners can migrate to Germany for work and get citizenship. Another easy way is to apply for the Scholarship to Study in Germany. Do part-time Jobs, and get experience. Apply for the Work Visa after your graduation.